Sharon Whitelaw, 41, took boyfriend Tony Priestley, 42, to see a production of Bouncers at the Drill Hall in Lincoln on Saturday night as a birthday present.
But after watching the first half of the comedy they were told not to go back into the auditorium, as fellow theatre-goers had complained the couple were "laughing at moments that weren't funny, kicking the seats in front and being loud".
"I think the whole way we were treated was like children," Sharon told This is Lincolinshire.
"I wished the ground had swallowed me up at the time, I was so embarrassed."
The couple received a full refund for the price of the tickets and their pre-ordered drinks.
Drill Hall manager Simon Hollingworth said he appreciated that the couple might not be happy, but that his staff did the right thing.
Other funny stuff to read:
- Teenager paints giant penis on the roof of house
- UNICEF set world record of toilet queue
- Naked ramblers in 120-mile charity walk
- Swearing parrot tells kid 'I'm going to rip your head off'
- Frog marriage to summon rain
Technorati tags: Weird news Off beat Funny